Westbrook delivered one of his more impressive triple-doubles in a 119-107 Thunder win over the Atlanta Hawks, and it doubled as his 100th career 3×2 performance.
Westbrook trails only Robertson (181), Johnson (138) and Jason Kidd (107) on the career triple-double list.
George had 12 points, four rebounds and three assists in just over 25 minutes prior to his injury, which precipitated the Westbrook fourth quarter takeover. Carmelo Anthony capped the game-deciding run with his sixth 3-pointer of the game. Jerami Grant came off the bench and added 20 points, five rebounds, two steals, two blocks in the win.
Taurean Prince knocked down a 3-pointer to tie it at 103 with 5:15 remaining.
Appearing in 75 games for the Indiana Pacers last season, George reached new personal scoring heights as he poured in 23.7 points a night on 46.1 percent shooting from the field. Atlanta chipped into the deficit and went into the fourth quarter down only 90-88. The Hawks outrebounded the Thunder 47-28....
Prince and Schroder each scored 14 points in the first half and fueled a big second quarter that saw the Hawks build a 66-54 halftime lead.
Oklahoma City returns home to host the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday before heading right back on the road for a two-game trip featuring Eastern Conference powers Toronto and Boston.
- Michael Carrick to hang up his boots at end of the season
- Technical Recap on SUPERVALU Inc. (SVU)
- Former South Korean president Lee Myung-bak reports for questioning
- 'This Is Us': 5 Intriguing Fan Theories About the Season 2 Finale
- Billionaire Michael Rubin bidding for Carolina Panthers
- Robert Whittaker vs Yoel Romero 2 targeted for UFC 225
- South Korea mulls North Korea rail, gas pipeline projects
- Dzeko scores to help Roma reach last eight
- Analyst Stock Recommendations For Domtar Corporation (UFS), Western Digital Corporation (WDC)
- AIFF announces Super Cup qualifiers draw