Law enforcement sources confirmed to CBS 11 News all three package bombs that exploded in Austin in less than two weeks had shrapnel and some kind of motion triggered detonation component.
Authorities are still investigating whether the bombings were hate crimes.
"Our detectives are now looking at that to evaluate that lead and to see if it is in fact relevant to what we are investigating", Manley said.
Police believe the same person or people are behind the package attacks.
A package bomb exploded at an east Austin home on March 2, killing a 39-year-old man.
Washington said he went to school with the grandmother who owns the home, and his daughter is good friends with the victim's mother, who was injured in the blast.
The latter explosion occurred after the 75-year-old found a package on her porch. The blast was initially investigated as a "suspicious death", but is now being considered a homicide. Linder asked. "They are very angry; they are very risky but are well-equipped".
Officials have said they do not see any connection between the bombings and the SXSW festival.
"So there's a certain level of skill and sophistication that whoever is doing this has, and ... we are hoping to use the evidence we have to track them down based on what we are seeing on all three scenes that seem to be consistent", Manley told KXAN on Tuesday. "Call 911 immediately if you receive something suspicious", he said on Twitter.
In at least the first two blasts, the packages were left overnight on the victims' doorsteps and were not mailed or sent by a delivery service.
'I don't believe in coincidences, ' Linder said. "I resolved to post the picture onto social media (Instagram, then to Twitter and Facebook) to alert the USPS, if possible".
FBI and ATF are assisting the Austin Police with the investigation.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott has offered a $15,000 cash reward to anyone who can provide useful information about the perpetrators of these attacks. "You don't want to live your life and change it so that you live in fear".
- NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Receives Consensus Rating of "Hold" from Brokerages
- Driving Needs: 5 Car Accessories for a Better Ride
- (CELG) Position Cut by BTC Capital Management Inc
- Service Robotics Market - North America to Continue to Remain Strong Market
- Crypto exchange Coinbase receives FCA e-money license, partners with Barclays
- Man who claimed he buried Natalee Holloway fatally stabbed
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Dharmendra files RS poll papers from MP
- US Retail Sales fall in February
- Kendall Jenner Addresses Those Gay Rumors & Admits She Has A 'Male Energy'