"We came away from home and controlled the game, really".
Meanwhile, former Southampton and Everton manager Koeman said: "Defensively we played quite well, but didn't create many chances".
Fans shouldn't take too much from victory over a poor Netherlands but Gareth Southgate has a secret weapon in Lingard going into the tournament in Russian Federation.
Pickford was involved in the build-up to Jesse Lingard's victor and his abilities complement a young defence showing a "different skill-set" to the previous generation.
According to the Express, Ian said: "I'm pleased for Jesse, with everything that's been happening to him".
Most of the action was at the other end, England retaining possession neatly only for much of their play to lack a final ball of outcome, although captain Jordan Henderson headed wide, while Raheem Sterling was thwarted by advancing goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet.
A side of pace, versatile forwards, passing options in midfield, ball- playing defenders, even a goalkeeper who likes to drop a shoulder; there have been plenty of times watching England over the past 25 years when such qualities have felt so out of reach that some national coaches have given them up as too much to hope for.
Walker's understanding with Manchester City team-mate John Stones was a bonus and gives Southgate a welcome boost as he looks to pick a World Cup squad boasting a variety of versatile players.
"I thought we showed really good play up until that last final finish and final ball".
"But we have good competition for places because if you look at possible number eights, Adam Lallana comes into that as well".
"It can still improve in the final third - how many goal threats did we actually have?" Apart from the opposition's poor display, the main talking point was that Southgate made some big changes to his starting line-up. The likes of Burnley duo Nick Pope and James Tarkowski, along with Swansea centre-back Alfie Mawson will be hopeful of Three Lions debuts.
"Certainly, some of those guys we want to see on the pitch".
- Hamas kills man wanted in attack on Palestinian PM
- Uber Agrees To Sell Southeast Asian Operations To Grab
- Hays Advisory LLC Sells 9395 Shares of UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH)
- President Trump threatens to veto $1.3 trillion spending bill
- Vikings lineman Joe Berger retires
- Facebook Collected Call and Text Data from Android Phones for Years
- Rockefeller Financial Services Inc. Boosts Position in Mastercard (NYSE:MA)
- Stormy Daniels: Porn star's lawyer posts Trump disc "evidence"
- Super-Agent Raiola Slams Pep Guardiola As "A Coward, A Dog"
- Folger Hill Asset Management LP Acquires Shares of 8300 Rockwell Automation (ROK)