A gunfight had broken out on Wednesday between the security personnel and some militants in the Rajouri sector. Significantly, it has been after over a decade that presence of militants has been detected near Sunderbani town.
"The schools shall remain closed in the Sunderbani division today as a precautionary measure", he said. "Four terrorists have been killed in the encounter", J&K's Director General of Police (DGP) S P Vaid told PTI. Reports said that the terrorists were planning for multiple attacks on defence installations in Sunderbani. Forces on the job for suspected 4th. The forces had, meanwhile, denied a terror attack took place at a CRPF camp.
"Immediately after that the army, CRPF and Jammu and Kashmir Police started a search operation in which the hiding terrorists were spotted", police said.
According to a senior police official, the security forces had a few days back notices some suspicious movement in the area.
Security forces claimed to have recovered in the morning three bags of ammunition and explosive materials from a gorge during searches in Talha area.
- Global gold prices steady as trade war tensions ease
- Clarke demands 'full story' of ball-tampering scandal
- Pilots Flying Separate Planes Report Seeing UFO in Southern Arizona
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Gas inhalation blamed for death of Iowa family visiting Mexico
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Delhi-Kolkata Air India flight aborted following bomb scare
- Huawei Y7 Prime 2018 with Dual Rear Cameras Launched: Full Specifications
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (ZAYO) - Profit Margins Analysis
- Ball-tampering: Smith, Warner banned for one year by CA