The game has some twists and changes unique to its theme that haven't been seen in other Monopoly games, Engadget reported. Make your greed work for you in Monopoly Gamer Mario Kart. There's even a tacked on racing element where, according to Hasbro, when a player passes "Go", a race is triggered as players race around the board for a Grand Prix card. For example, the properties are now called Rainbow Road, Bower's Castle, and other iconic Mario Kart locations. You collect coins, instead of cash, as the property-buying currency. Instead, players will attempt to rack up points throughout the course of the game, and when the last Grand Prix card is drawn, those points are tallied and a victor is decided.
The game won't be available in most retail stores until June, but you might be able to score one from GameStop starting today! First, the tokens are characters - Mario, Princess Peach, Luigi, and Toad Mario - and they have different powers that play in different ways in the game. If you want to expand your roster, get a booster pack to unlock Bowser, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Metal Mario, Shy Guy and Yoshi.
What do you think about the mash up of Mario Kart and Monopoly? These won't launch for a while yet, as GameStop now lists a May 30 release date for them.
- Subaru Forester adds tech, loses turbo
- Cavs score season-low 79 in loss to Heat as Love hurt
- Google Chrome Will Soon Let You Cast Local Files
- Uber to lose self-driving test permit in California
- Woman arrested in connection with murder investigation
- Why to Keeping Eye on UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH), Viacom, Inc. (VIAB)?
- UK man contracts world's first super-strength gonorrhoea
- Craig David performs live concert on a bus with BT Mobile
- Esperion Therapeutics (ESPR) Rating Lowered to Hold at BidaskClub
- How you can win $100 just by opening the mail