Arsenal have won just 13 points away from home this season as they fall to Newcastle 2-1.
"The training session and every game, sometimes you are lucky or unlucky but in the end I think they deserve to stay in the Premier League".
This time it was Ayoze Perez who benefited, but only after a rather suave passing move that featured 9 of the 11 Newcastle players on the pitch...
As was expected, Benítez named an unchanged side for the game after his side's 2-1 victory away to Leicester City last weekend.
Although domestic matters have taken a back seat to Arsenal's pursuit of continental glory, the Londoners have actually strung together a run of three consecutive wins, after a horror run of four defeats in five games.
With several senior players left at home and 18-year-old midfielder Joe Willock making his first-team debut, the Gunners did actually nudge themselves in front in the 14th minute when Alexandre Lacazette volleyed home a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang cross...
"We needed to work had, we didn't in the first half but much more in the second half - defending and playing counter attack against a really good team".
Arsenal remains sixth with 54 points.
Newcastle were the better side after the break and took the lead in the 68th minute when Matt Ritchie fired home after a neat flick from Perez.
Slimani was again in the thick of the action soon after as he found Perez in the area, who tried twice to hit the target, and came close at the second attempt with a shot into the side-netting.
- (CIT) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Analysts
- Featured Stock to Focus: Sprint Corporation (NYSE:S)
- Possible Tornado Tears Through Arkansas Town
- Thousands rally in Hungary to demand new electoral system
- Taking Inspiration From Actresses-Turning-Producers, Deepika Padukone To Produce A Film?
- Naldo screamer seals Schalke win over foe Dortmund
- As of May, 16 Analysts See $0.07 EPS for Photronics, Inc. (PLAB)
- Ffcm LLC Has $7.35 Million Position in The Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- Barnier: the United Kingdom can change its mind on Brexit until 2020
- Comey: Assuming Clinton Would Win 'Must Have' Influenced Decision to Disclose Investigation