Padres 5, Giants 4 • Hunter Renfroe hit a two-run homer in the seventh to push host San Diego to a win over San Francisco. Chicago is 11-5 in their last 16 games against the NL East and 16-5 in their last 21 game 1 of a series while the under is 17-8-1 in their last 26 games against a team with a winning record. The Cubs have started to get their offense in gear as they have averaged 6.33 rpg in their last six games (prior to Thursday) and that offense should keep it going against the Braves' Anibal Sanchez, who was just 3-7 with a 6.41 ERA past year.
The Braves have gained 4.5 units and are 9-3 ATS when facing a righty starter this season.
The Atlanta Braves had a nice start to their year, but the enter having lost four of their last six games and that offense has been a big reason for their struggles of late. Getting the start in the game was Jon Lester, who wasn't really sharp as he allowed four ERs on seven hits and three walks in five innings of work.
Pirates 1, Marlins 0 • Corey Dickerson's bunt single in the ninth scored Sterling Marte to lift visiting Pittsburgh. He is 3-2 with a 3.82 ERA in seven career starts against the Cubs. Chatwood started 25 games a year ago and finished the season 8-15 overall with a 4.69 ERA and a 1.44 WHIP. He is 2-0, with a 2.08 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 13 innings. This model, which simulates every game 10,000 times, is on an impressive 6-2 run in Major League Baseball picks. Right-hander Jose Ramirez fanned Efren Navarro for the second out, but hit Kris Bryant to load the bases.
For the visitors, Atlanta's pitching staff allowed 4.0 runs per game and its starting pitchers own a 3.86 ERA, 1.41 WHIP and 9.46 K/9. Shane Carle got the win and he is now 2-1 with a 1.69 ERA on the year.
Meanwhile in New York, Brewers starter Chase Anderson gave up only one run and two hits in 6 1/3 innings to help Milwaukee win, 5-1, snapping the Mets' nine-game win streak.
Instead, the Cubs somehow rallied for 12 runs to stun the Braves, 14-10. Chicago then used five walks, two hit batters, an error and a wild pitch to come back against four Atlanta relievers - all nine runs scored after there were two outs. The Cubs have hit 10 over their last 10.
- Phagwara communal clash-Internet services suspended in four Punjab districts
- Elite Athletes Ready for Boston Marathon
- Naldo screamer seals Schalke win over foe Dortmund
- Gardaí seize drugs during arrest of man speeding on motorway in Tipperary
- Featured Stock to Focus: Sprint Corporation (NYSE:S)
- Howard Weil Lowers Valero Energy (VLO) to Sector Perform
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Royal Bank of Canada
- Ronaldo, Bale, Modric miss Malaga clash
- Unilever NV (UN) Holding Trimmed by Gabelli Funds LLC
- Q1 2019 EPS Estimates for Medtronic plc. (MDT) Boosted by Analyst