A MAN is due in court in Ireland today after €38,000 worth of suspected cannabis was seized from his auto.
Gardaí in Cahir, Co Tipperary, stopped a auto on the M8 at about 3pm on Saturday after detecting the vehicle exceeding the speed limit.
An appeal for witnesses has been issued in relation to a hit-and-run in Co Wicklow, which left a 17-year-old girl in a critical condition.
He was arrested for no insurance, no road tax -and on suspicion of drunk driving.
38 thousand euro worth of cannabis was discovered during a stop and search near Cashel yesterday afternoon.
During the course of a search of the auto and the man, around €38,000 worth of cannabis herb was seized.
Under the Republic's illicit drugs laws, any seizure of drugs valued at €13,000 or more is regarded as commercial-scale drug dealing.
The vehicle was also seized and the man is due before a special sitting of Cashel District Court today. Gardaí said investigations are continuing.
- Howard Weil Lowers Valero Energy (VLO) to Sector Perform
- Mother was drunk when Hart family SUV plunged into ocean, police say
- U.S. blames Syria government for gas attack, mulls aggressive strike
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG) Analysts See $1.53 EPS on April, 25
- Ffcm LLC Has $7.35 Million Position in The Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- Facebook adds AR drawing and Instagram's Boomerang to Stories
- Saudi king attacks Trump over Israel embassy move
- JP Morgan Chase & Co Reaffirms "Overweight" Rating for McDonald's Co. (MCD)
- Waverton Investment Management Ltd Has $117.66 Million Holdings in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- As of May, 16 Analysts See $0.07 EPS for Photronics, Inc. (PLAB)