A Spanish journalist has felt the wrath of Real Madrid star Isco, as the Spaniard labelled the reporter "shameful" following his coverage of his side's UEFA Champions League quarter final victory over Juventus.
"The 3-0 lead for Juventus surprised me, but that's the beauty of football". All the controversy created by that penalty doesn't seem normal to me. "We have to stop accusations like this", Zidane told a news conference on Saturday ahead of his side's Liga game at basement side Malaga on Sunday.
"Those were his words", Zidane said.
"It's embarrassing when people talk about a robbery". 'There are people that are anti-Madrid and we can't change that, ' added Zidane. Nobody is going to change the history of this club, it's the best club in the world.
Asked if he felt "hatred" was being aimed at the Bernabeu, Zidane did not reject the suggestion.
"It's shameful what has been said about us and the way we have been treated, the suggestion it was robbery". But we have to try and understand it from his point of view.
As was his awarding of a red card to Gianluigi Buffon. We must accept his feelings. Málaga probably realize that it's a little too late to do anything about their situation while Madrid's only interest in LaLiga is to keep players competitive, engaged and with spirits high in readiness to contest the only trophy they have left to play for this season - the Champions League.
"No, just the opposite", he said.
"There's no reason for us to believe that this game will be any more hard than the rest of them". We did not play badly, but when we did not take our chances to score, we got a bit anxious. "But I liked it - it was very exciting, and in the end we went through".
Reports suggested Ramos could face a ban for watching from the sidelines while suspended, potentially ruling him out of at least one leg of the semi-final clash against Bayern Munich. "Malaga are bottom of the table, and maybe do not deserve that from the games I have seen".
- Featured Stock to Focus: Sprint Corporation (NYSE:S)
- Unilever NV (UN) Holding Trimmed by Gabelli Funds LLC
- Possible Tornado Tears Through Arkansas Town
- (CIT) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Analysts
- Barbara Bush's health is failing
- Saudi King Knocks Embassy Move
- Saudi king attacks Trump over Israel embassy move
- Carrie Underwood's face is on the mend five months after nasty accident
- World 355 Andujar wins Marrakech title
- Compagnie Lombard Odier SCmA Invests $561000 in Regeneron (REGN) Stock