Police in Pakistan say worshipers coming out of a church in the southwestern city of Queta were shot at by gunmen, adding that two people lost their lives while five others were wounded.
Two of the injured - Rashid Khalid and Azhar Iqbal - died on way to the hospital.
Earlier this month, four members of a Christian family travelling in a rickshaw were killed in a firing incident on Quetta's Shah Zaman road a day after the community celebrated Easter on April 1. "The patients were handled by trainees who did not even know how to treat a bullet wound", said Parvez Masih, a relative of one of the deceased.
The Islamic State group's local franchise claimed responsibility for the attack in Quetta, capital of Balochistan province, the SITE intelligence group said. At least 15 Christians have been killed in a suicide attack and multiple targeted attacks since last December.
Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti condemned the Isa Nagri attack and promised a swift response.
Meanwhile, dozens of Christian community members, including heirs of the victims, gathered to protest the killings.
In December a year ago, two suicide bombers blew themselves up at a Quetta church, which was packed with worshippers, killing nine people and wounding over a dozen. Police said a search was ongoing in the area to find the attackers.
Quetta DIG Abdur Razzaq Chema said that unidentified attackers riding a motorbike opened fire on the members of the Christian community and managed to flee the scene soon after the incident.
- Phagwara communal clash-Internet services suspended in four Punjab districts
- Comey: Assuming Clinton Would Win 'Must Have' Influenced Decision to Disclose Investigation
- U.S. blames Syria government for gas attack, mulls aggressive strike
- Unilever NV (UN) Holding Trimmed by Gabelli Funds LLC
- Trump talks with British, French leaders over strikes on Syria
- Q1 2018 EPS Estimates for Citigroup Lowered by Analyst (C)
- As of May, 16 Analysts See $0.07 EPS for Photronics, Inc. (PLAB)
- Barbara Bush's health is failing
- Compagnie Lombard Odier SCmA Invests $561000 in Regeneron (REGN) Stock
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Royal Bank of Canada