The Ryzen 7 2700X that comes at Rs 24,490 (priced at $329 in US) has 8 cores, 16 threads and a base clock speed of 3.7GHz with a max boost to 4.3GHz. AMD's new Ryzen CPUs are now available for pre-order, will launch on April 19th, and even though the first reviews will go live on April 17th, it appears that the first third-party gaming benchmarks have surfaced.
The new processors are AMD's first refresh of its Zen-based chips as Zen+ microarchitecture on the 12nm LP GlobalFoundries process, which is a shrink of the 14nm LPP node used on the current-gen Summit Ridge processors. According to a report from Kotaku, the top-of-the-line Ryzen 7 2700X will include a "Prism LED" cooler, which comes with a multi-colored LED backlight.
These overclock results show that Ryzen 5 2600X and Ryzen 7 2700X has a lot of headroom to spare and can achieve higher clock speeds if the user desires to.
There's also 2 new Ryzen 5 CPUs that were launched alongside the Ryzen 7 CPUs.
The Ryzen 5 2600X isn't far behind, with a BCLK of 101MHz and the same x58.25 multiplier offering an overall frequency less than 2MHz slower than its bigger sibling. The base clock speed has been increased to 3.7 GHz from 3.6 GHz, while the boost speed has jumped from 4 GHz to 4.3 GHz. The processor has a 95 W TDP and can be cooled by the Wraith Spire cooler, included in the box. The new Pinnacle Ridge processors will drop into both 300- and 400-series motherboards, and the first-generation Ryzen processors are also cross-compatible. Top manufacturers including ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI will soon announce the new motherboards with the x470 chipset. The Ryzen 7 2700X is running with a BCLK of 101.02MHz and a multiplier of x58.25. The 2600X and 2600 in the Ryzen 5 range are priced at United States dollars 229 (INR 14,932) USD 199 (INR 12,975), respectively.
While the processors are available for pre-order, they will start shipping after April 19.
- She performed, she conquered: Beyoncé creates history at Coachella
- 7 inmates dead, 17 hurt in SC prison fight
- Guardiola reacts after Manchester United lose to hand Man City title
- Sea of Thieves Is Getting That Much-Needed New Content
- Brokerages Anticipate Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $766.61 Million
- Massive Fire Guts Delhi's Only Rohingya Camp, 230 Refugees Again Homeless
- Russia's Lavrov: God forbid any Libya style adventure in Syria
- Ola aligns with Softbank's dream of one million electric vehicles
- Sensex ends higher for 8th day, Nifty settles above 10500
- The Upcoming Gmail Update Includes Timebombed Messages