You can watch the full statement in the embedded video above.
Yesterday, we reported on the recent situation regarding famed gamer Billy Mitchell and the recent scrubbing of his Donkey Kong high score from the record books. He goes on to throw some minor shade at the way that Twin Galaxies is run now and seems quite bitter that they would go back and delete his high scores so long after the fact. The dispute - and the evidence that has been presented since the dispute was initially filed - makes a fairly solid case for Mitchell's scores being set using a Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator (MAME) and not original hardware, which would keep his scores invalidated even if he didn't use the MAME to cheat. Mitchell states over the course of the almost minute long video that he believes his Donkey Kong score is legitimate and that he is now working on bringing forward his case to Twin Galaxies as to why it should still stand. After concluding its investigation, also utilizing additional information gleaned from a third-party source which Mitchell had cooperated with, Twin Galaxies responded by stripping Mitchell of his scores and titles. 'All the things that were happening at the time... like why he didn't come out and play me, and why he was inciting whose records were going to be authenticated and who's were going to be dropped. Mitchell claims his process is "true, professional due diligence" as opposed to Twin Galaxies' "shock jock mentality designed to create hits". Now, Billy Mitchell has announced that he will be revealing evidence to prove his innocence at a future date that will clear his name. I wish I had it in my hands right now, I wish I could hand it to you. "But it's taken a considerable amount of time, witnesses, documents, everything, everything will be made available to you, nothing will be withheld".
- Gas Prices Continue to Rise
- Dycom Industries Inc (NYSE:DY) Institutional Investors Quarterly Sentiment
- Binghamton University cancels classes after second student murder in 5 weeks
- Netflix orders vampire series V-Wars starring Ian Somerhalder
- $1.01 EPS Expected for J&J Snack Foods Corp. (JJSF)
- Burlington Stores, Inc. (BURL) : The Stock on Analysts Watch-List
- How Analysts Feel About Prudential plc (LON:PRU)?
- Comerica Incorporated (CMA) EPS Estimated At $1.52 on April, 17
- Eurovision victor Conchita reveals HIV diagnosis
- Granddaughter: Barbara Bush resting comfortably