Fire police on the scene said the blaze was quickly extinguished once firefighters arrived.
PREVIOUS STORY | Firefighters are on the scene of an active brush fire in Seymour as of Saturday afternoon.
The brush fire was ignited after wind blew over a tree, which fell onto power lines, bringing down a live wire that caught the woods on fire, Davis said. Davis said they had to contend with steep terrain.
Meanwhile, the National Weather Service issued a special statement for Friday warning of low humidity, dry conditions and possible wind gusts as high as 35 miles per hour.
Just before noon Saturday, emergency personnel were called to the area near the intersection of Valley Road and Highridge Park Road, Cass Township, for a brush fire.
Dispatchers said the Wildland Task Force has been activated to help fight the fire. Brush fires had been reported earlier in the day in Lower Burrell and Allegheny and Sewickley townships.
The fire broke out near a shopping center on National City Boulevard around 11 a.m. According to the Clear Creek Volunteer Fire Department, the windy weather conditions and low humidity allowed the fire to spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
- Donald Glover to host Saturday Night Live and perform as musical guest
- On April, 24 Ferro Corporation (FOE) EPS Estimated At $0.35
- Trump attacks former FBI director as 'slime ball' over critical book
- Inzamam's nephew in Pakistan squad for tour of Ireland, England
- Writing essay service how it is.
- At $97.19 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO) Forms Bearish Head & Shoulders
- Reports that Damascus prevented OPCW from entering Syria are false - Lavrov
- Kerala: 2-day-old baby girl flushed down toilet
- Micron Technology, Inc. (MU) Boosted at Goldman Sachs Group Inc
- New streamlined structure for VW