Two dogs were rescued.
Firefighters responded at 11:19 a.m.to a neighbor report of a house fire in the 80 block of Bleeker Street in unincorporated Lawrenceville.
They say the residents were out of the home when fire crews arrived.
According to Lawrence County Deputy Coroner James Farris, firemen found Robert Donald Taylor, 83, of that address, lying in an upstairs hallway.
"The exact cause of the fire and manner of death is now undetermined and is under active investigation", Rutledge said.
Crews found him and pulled him from the house, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal ruled the fire accidental due to electrical issues in the living room and said there are no signs of foul play.
At the height of the fire, more than fifty firefighters were at the scene from several area fire departments.
- United Kingdom can still change its mind on single market, says Michel Barnier
- Donald Glover to host Saturday Night Live and perform as musical guest
- Kerala: 2-day-old baby girl flushed down toilet
- New streamlined structure for VW
- Prestige Brands International LLC Institutional Investor Sentiment Improved in 2017 Q4
- Chicago Cubs series preview: Are Atlanta Braves remedy for average start?
- Two Christians killed in Quetta firing
- Zlatan Gets First MLS Start And Of Course He Scored The Winner
- Justin Bieber Allegedly Punched a Man for Choking Woman at Coachella Party
- Seattle Genetics (NASDAQ:SGEN) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Royal Bank of Canada