Few details are being made available in the initial investigation, but officials confirm there were reports of a male being stabbed at the Windham dorm building at around 10:30 p.m. University officials say the victim was targeted.
12 News reached out to Binghamton University Police and they said they could not release any information.
The suspected attacker is a light-skinned male wearing dark trousers and a dark, Puma hooded sweatshirt, the university said.
Investigators from multiple agencies have been interviewing numerous people throughout the night.
If you would like to talk with someone, you can call the Dean of Students Office and CARE Team at 607-777-2804, The University Counseling Center (UCC) at 607-777-2772.
Employee Assistance Program staff are available to provide support to faculty and staff dealing with this loss.
- Amethi: Pregnant woman gang-raped by taxi driver and 3 others
- 7 inmates dead, 17 hurt in SC prison fight
- Elliott Advisors Ups Whitbread Stake, Proposes Business Split (ALLISS)
- AMD's new Ryzen 2000 CPUs - South African pricing
- Ola aligns with Softbank's dream of one million electric vehicles
- Farah Khan to choreograph Sonam Kapoor and Anand Ahuja's sangeet ceremony?
- Jenna Dewan breaks Instagram silence after Channing Tatum split
- She performed, she conquered: Beyoncé creates history at Coachella
- Shire sells oncology business to France's Servier for $2.4bn
- India to have 'normal' Monsoon this year, says IMD