While politicians don't mind hitting the belt, Congress may have walked a slippery path when it comes to politics in poll bound Karnataka.
Speaking at an event organised by Congress in Bengaluru to protest against Unnao and Kathua rape cases, Rao said that Adityanath is unfit to be a chief minister, according to a Deccan Herald report.
Rao then reportedly told the people in Kannada that Adityanath should be "beaten with chappals" should the UP CM ever visit Karnataka again. By that logic, what should the CM of Karnataka be beaten with, considering it had registered 3,857 rapes, BJP asked.
The PM should sack him as he is not a Yogi but a Dhongi (fake), Rao had said while taking part in a candle lit protest held by the KPCC against the rape incidents in UP and Jammu. "It's not #RamRajya but #RavanRajya under #BhogiAdityanath", he wrote. The Bharatiya Janata Party lambasted Rao for his choice of words, with the saffron party leader and former chief minister of the state Yeddyurappa demanding an apology from him.
The BJP was quick to protest against his remarks and chose to launch state wide agitation. Rao had called Adityanath a "disgrace to Indian politics". The millions of Natha Panth followers of Karnataka will never forgive this. "#apologisetoYogi." he wrote on Twitter while sharing the video in which Rao is seen making the remark. I, however, regret the kind of words I used for him (Yogi Adityanath).
In Karnataka vokkaligas (Gowdas), one of the dominant communities follow Natha Pantha and it has become an election issue. "If he had any decency he would have resigned by now because his government has been exposed, his own MLA has committed the crime".
BJP spokesperson Amit Malviya also took to Twitter to lash out at Rao.
- Four elephants, including a calf, killed after train runs over them
- Verdict likely today in 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium arrives to take on Samsung Galaxy S9
- Rising Star 2 Winner: Hemant Brijwasi Takes The Winning Trophy Home
- Salman Khan attempts backflip for Sultan in this throwback video
- Special status: Statewide bandh in Andhra Pradesh
- Woodlawn apartment building displaced after 2-alarm fire
- Rossi 'the person to beat' for IndyCar title - Power
- Fortnite Battle Royale 50 Versus 50 Mode Delayed
- HMD Global to Release Nokia X(2018) on April 27, 2018