Gov. Matt Bevin in social media comments Sunday apologized for saying that teacher protests probably led to the sexual assault of children.
Bevin posted a video to his Twitter account Sunday in an effort to explain his comments. "Let's work together, we need to work together", he said.
Kentucky teachers have sparred with Bevin over his handling of the state's pension plan and his recent veto of a budget bill that would increase school funding.
"I feel he is gotten a lot warmth that he needed to say one thing", Cooper stated.
In a almost 4-minute video posted Sunday, Bevin didn't apologize for what he'd said, however - only that he took responsibility for not being clearer.
House Minority Floor Leader Rocky Adkins, D-Sandy Hook, said in a statement that while Bevin claims there was a misunderstanding, "the people of Kentucky heard loud and clear what he said and today's video shows he still does not comprehend why so many were understandably upset".
"I'm offended by the idea that people so cavalierly, and so flippantly, disregarded what's truly best for children", Bevin also said following Friday's rally.
The legislator heeded the protests and overrode the veto. "If we want to create a world without child abuse, we can not tolerate the governor's comments".
Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear, a Democrat and Bevin foe, called the governor's comments "morally reprehensible".
The National Education Association (www.nea.org) is the nation's largest professional employee organization, representing more than 3 million elementary and secondary teachers, higher education faculty, education support professionals, school administrators, retired educators and students preparing to become teachers. Our educators and public workers have every right to make their voice heard, and we are deeply proud of the way they have carried themselves throughout this legislative session.
Bevin said he takes responsibility for not making his statement clear enough to understand. "I am sorry for these of you, each single considered one of you, that has been harm by issues that I've stated". "His insults of teachers over the previous year have been beneath the decorum of any respectable elected official. As a mother, suggesting children were abused as a prop for his political rhetoric is disturbing and absurdly in poor taste".
- Bank of America (BAC) Holdings Trimmed by Pettyjohn Wood & White Inc
- Insperity, Inc. (NSP) Sets 12-Month High on April , 12 at $73.00
- Dogs Rescued From Windsor House Fire
- On April, 24 Ferro Corporation (FOE) EPS Estimated At $0.35
- Justin Bieber Allegedly Punched a Man for Choking Woman at Coachella Party
- $2.66 EPS Expected for The Boeing Company (BA)
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Rob Gronkowski Will Miss Start Of Patriots' Offseason Program
- United Kingdom can still change its mind on single market, says Michel Barnier
- Reports that Damascus prevented OPCW from entering Syria are false - Lavrov