Among the various details that were leaked regarding the new phone, were rumours about the notch - which was eventually confirmed by both Carl Pei and Pete Lau - and a couple of weeks after that, news regarding the pricing details, which were leaked on a Chinese website called gizmochina. Although it will retain the look and feel of stock Android, the new Oxygen OS will likely come with gestures and features similar to those seen in the iPhone X earlier. The company is likely to continue the same trend this year with the OnePlus 6 as well. The company has also opened up its own OnePlus Experience stores in cities like Bengaluru and New Delhi. Under the hood, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC, paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of default internal storage. The poster (via ITHome) also reveals some key specifications of the upcoming smartphone.
OnePlus 6 might not have an official release date, but the number of leaks we've seen around the flagship OnePlus phone have confirmed most of all the features. In fact, just last week the phone's full photos were leaked by a case maker.
One of the major design changes is expected to be of the Alert Slider. The new OnePlus 6 is likely to come with the red slider button that controls the ringing and silent modes.
Based on the company's teaser "More immersion in a refined form factor", the OnePlus 6 is touted to have an immersive Full-Screen display with almost 90 per cent screen-to-body ratio; minimising the bezels even more so than its predecessors. The camera module will be placed in the top middle of the rear cover, unlike on the right edge the way it is in the OnePlus 5T. The phone will sport a 6.28-inch optic LED display offering a resolution of 1080×2280 pixels with an aspect ratio of 19:9. Although the company has suggested that the users will be able to hide the notch through software settings. Considering that latest edition of Avengers featuring Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet has a worldwide premiere on April 27, 2018, we can expect the limited OnePlus 6 to be launched around the same time frame. The company has also teased a repositioning of the hardware Alert Slider and hinted it could be used to offer a "slide to focus" option. There is no word on the price, although there is talk that the OnePlus 6 will be slightly more expensive that the OnePlus 5T. Today, we learn that the OnePlus 6, although unannounced, is already appearing in video ads in India. The starting price could be around Rs 35,000.
- Amethi: Pregnant woman gang-raped by taxi driver and 3 others
- James Harrison announces retirement after 16 seasons
- JD Wetherspoon shuts down social media accounts amidst trolling and racism
- Airstrike in Syria was the only alternative says British PM May
- AMD's new Ryzen 2000 CPUs - South African pricing
- Sea of Thieves Is Getting That Much-Needed New Content
- Despite Trilateral Attacks OPCW Will Continue Douma Chemical Weapons Investigation
- Fatal Stabbing At Binghamton University
- She performed, she conquered: Beyoncé creates history at Coachella
- Records tumble as Manchester City crowned Premier League Champions