He also inaugurated the first phase of the Bastar Internet scheme under which a 40,000-km-long network of fibre optics cable would be spread across the seven districts of the tribal region namely - Bijapur, Narayanpur, Bastar, Kanker, Kondagaon, Sukma and Dantewada.
He said the government was working with a different approach for 115 backward districts, which were categorised as "aspirational districts" and "ambitious districts". Earlier, he launched India's first wellness centre under Ayushman Bharat in Chhattisagrh.
Indian students and alumni based in the United Kingdom have delivered a letter for Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Indian High Commission in London asking him to take "extraordinary measures" to ensure justice in rape cases reported from different states in India. Ambedkar dedicated his life for the upliftment, self-esteem and growth of dalits, poor and deprived communities. It is the duty of the government to take care of your rights. If you read their names, surnames, you will understand who they are. So were more than 100 other districts in the country. They have come from outside to your state. The footwear was presented under the Charan-Paduka (footwear) Scheme.
But still, these issues do not seem appropriate enough to be addressed by our very own Prime Minister who calls himself 'Pradhan Sevak (Prime Servant)' of the country.
A newly-laid railway line between Gudum and Bhanupratappur will be commissioned through video-conferencing, the official said.
It was the Prime Minister's fourth visit to Chhattisgarh, where assembly elections are due later in the year.
Bijapur (Chhattisgarh): Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday appealed to the Maoist youth to shun their guns and join the mainstream for development in which the government would protect their rights. He said it was Modi's love and affection for the state that he was leaving no stone unturned for the development of the state.
- Kathua Rape Case: Celebrities protest on Social Media
- Russia warns of 'dangerous' escalation over Syria
- High school baseball: With some help, Knights make the playoffs
- Rampage Stomps To The Top Of The US Box Office
- Comey breaks silence in exclusive ABC interview
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN) Shares Reduced by Marshall Wace LLP
- Interxion (NYSE:INXN) Earns "Outperform" Rating from William Blair
- Trump's lawyer files papers in Cohen case
- Volkswagen restructures management and company structure
- Billionaire Token (XBL) increased to $0.1538 on April 14-15