The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday questioned Congress President Rahul Gandhi for his inaction against his party's Jammu and Kashmir president Ghulam Ahmad Mir over his controversial remarks on Kathua rape and murder case.
"When our ministers expressed these sentiments, the Congress, the media made a lot of noise".
"BJP leaders have mastered the art of "Extending State Protection to Rapists", "Shaming the victim and her family", "Defending the accused and crying conspiracy", "Blatant Cover ups", "Absolute Whataboutery" & "Superficial Damage Control"- And the Adityanath Government has perfected this art to the hilt", Congress leader Randeep Singh Surjewala said. "Raising fingers at the leaders of other parties and protecting their own leader is the character of the Congress".
He also demanded senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad to apologise to the country, over his former polling agent and Jammu Bar Association President B.S. Slathia's attempt to obstruct the filing of a chargesheet in the case.
The BJP leader also questioned Gandhi's candlelight march at India Gate on Friday night, saying he never protested against the "Nirbhaya" incident, atrocities against Dalits in Mirchpur in Haryana and many other incidents of rape that had happened during the Congress rule. Party leaders said women were not safe in today's environment as incidence of crimes against the fairer sex had shown a sharp rise. "Since the locals were adamant and did not allow them to offer flowers, we left the village without saying anything", said BJP's Etah district president, Dinesh Vashisht to the paper.
Despite claims by the Congress party that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given up the idea of campaigning in Karnataka as the BJP is on a losing wicket here, it appears he is likely to address 10 or 12 rallies in Chikkodi, Raichur, Bengaluru and Vijayapura, starting April 18 or 20.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies.
- HMD Global to Release Nokia X(2018) on April 27, 2018
- Verdict likely today in 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad
- Fortnite Battle Royale 50 Versus 50 Mode Delayed
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2018 likely to be announced on 25th April
- PBT Extra Preview: Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Houston Rockets
- Salman Khan attempts backflip for Sultan in this throwback video
- AIR 1 Nishita Purohit Shares Preparation Strategies with NEET, AIIMS Aspirants
- Rossi 'the person to beat' for IndyCar title - Power
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium arrives to take on Samsung Galaxy S9
- Vladimir Putin predicts 'global chaos' if West strikes Syria again