Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz, inaugurated the 29th Arab League Summit in Dhahran on Sunday at the King Abdulaziz International Cultural Center.
The monarch called for the gathering to be renamed the "Jerusalem Summit" in solidarity with the Palestinian Authority, and called on the global community to take a strong stance against Iran's aggression in the region.
"We reiterate our rejection of the USA administration's decision on Jerusalem", the King said, adding, "We commend the global consensus that rejects it".
"We have presented to you an initiative to deal with the challenges faced by the Arab countries under the title (Strengthening Arab national security to face common challenges), stressing the importance of the development of the Arab League and its system".
Concerning the Yemeni war, King Salman said that Saudi Arabia holds the "terrorist Iranian-allied" Houthi militants fully responsible for the continuous war in Yemen and the suffering of the Yemeni people.
King Salman called on the global community to support the delivery of humanitarian aid to different parts in Yemen. He also welcomed an agreement to establish an Arab cultural summit.
In his speech at the summit, King Salman stressed that the Palestinian issue is "our first issue and will remain so" expressing his condemnation of the decision of the USA administration to transfer its embassy to Jerusalem.
The move has sparked deep anger among the Palestinians, who see East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state, and across the Arab world.
"The Palestinian cause is our primary cause and it will remain so until our fraternal Palestinian people obtain all of their legitimate rights, starting with the establishment of an independent state, whose capital is east Jerusalem", he stressed.
"We reject its blatant meddling in the internal affairs of Arab countries", declared King Salman.
UN General Assembly Secretary-General António Guterres, African Union Commission Chairperson Moussa Faki, and High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs Federica Mogherini are among the attendees.
- Kentucky's Governor Just Apologized for Claiming Teacher Protest Led to Sexual Assaults
- Interxion (NYSE:INXN) Earns "Outperform" Rating from William Blair
- On May, 1 Analysts See $1.09 EPS for Genworth MI Canada Inc
- Last minute tax tips before Tuesday's filing deadline
- New Star War Han Solo Spot
- Russia warns of 'dangerous' escalation over Syria
- Volkswagen restructures management and company structure
- ACM Awards red carpet arrivals: See the photos
- As of April, 26 Domino's Pizza, Inc. (DPZ) Analysts See $1.76 EPS
- Agents of SHIELD's Ghost Rider Cast as New Terminator in Reboot