Two people were displaced in a small fire in a three-story apartment Saturday afternoon in northwest suburban Palatine. Upon arrival, the occupants of the unit indicated everyone was out of the apartment and the fire was in the rear of the unit on the first floor.
Fire crews were able to quickly extinguished the fire.
The apartment sustained most of the damage, but there was minor damage to surrounding units. SPFD shut off the electricity to the area and confirmed the fire did not extend to the structure.
The fire did not cause structural damage, but damage from the smoke displaced the residents, according to the fire department.
White Plains Deputy Fire Chief Timothy Ryan said that was because of all the debris in the apartment. A spokesperson for the Baltimore County Fire Department says the fire broke out around 2 p.m.in the 2400 block of Bytham Court.
- Death notices published April 16, 2018
- Special status: Statewide bandh in Andhra Pradesh
- Tax deadline: Things to know about filing taxes
- Fortnite Battle Royale 50 Versus 50 Mode Delayed
- Verdict likely today in 2007 Mecca Masjid blast in Hyderabad
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- What is known about suspected chemical weapons attack in Syria
- Zayn Malik thought he would be in love with Gigi Hadid forever
- Rising Star 2 Winner: Hemant Brijwasi Takes The Winning Trophy Home
- Four elephants, including a calf, killed after train runs over them