Rodgers also elaborated on the departures of players and coaches like Nelson and Van Pelt, saying it's hard to see people he's built relationships with leave.
"Both of those decisions [with Nelson and Van Pelt] were made without him", one league source close to Rodgers told Robinson.
Shortly after Van Pelt wasn't retained, Rodgers appeared on ESPN's "Golic and Wingo" and voiced his concerns with the move. "There's a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach, and that was an interesting decision".
Rodgers later released a statement about Nelson, sounding taken off-guard by the move that he called "sad".
Rodgers reportedly is negotiating a contract extension with Green Bay, so any apparent friction between the two sides will be worth monitoring. "In other places with (elite) quarterbacks, consideration is given to those guys". I think Aaron wants to be engaged in some decisions.
"I know my role, and that's to play as well as I possibly can at quarterback", Rodgers said per Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "Obviously we'd like to lock something in, I think, at some point".
The 34-year-old is the ninth-highest-paid quarterback in the league in terms of average annual salary, a standing that likely isn't going to change with the Packers holding the cards in any contract-extension discussions. As we saw past year, if the Packers want to contend it's Aaron Rodgers or bust. That being said, it's not like the Packers now have another franchise quarterback waiting in the wings. So he could threaten to sit out unless the team restructures his contract.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN) A Look at Technical Overview
- Tax Day! Donald Trump Celebrates Death of Old System
- Pre-Evacuation Notice Lifted In Douglas County For Tomah Fire
- Inspectors barred from Syrian chemical attack site as Russian Federation accused of tampering
- Seven killed during riot at SC prison
- BidaskClub Upgrades CH Robinson (NASDAQ:CHRW) to "Strong-Buy"
- Top Pick: Callon Petroleum Company (CPE)
- City to face Bayern, Liverpool, Dortmund in ICC
- Supreme Court strikes down key deportation provision, with Gorsuch help
- Picton Mahoney Asset Management Maintains Stake in Salesforce Com INC (CRM)