As part of the plan, Idea Cellular prepaid customers will be eligible for 2GB of 3G/4G data per day for a period of 28 days.
Dubbed as Rs 249, the plan is in direct competition with Airtel's Rs 249 plan and Jio's Rs 198 plan. This translates to 56GB of total data for the duration. However, apart from this data benefit, Idea customers are also offered free local and national SMS, free roaming, and free voice calls - both local and STD. Furthermore, the unlimited voice calls come with a capping of 250 minutes per day and 1,000 minutes per week.
The Airtel plan offers unlimited voice calls to any network without a daily or monthly FUP (Fair Usage Policy) attached to it.
In comparison, Airtel is offering similar benefits with a prepaid plan that is also priced at Rs 249.
The company's MD Gopal Vittal and chief operating officer Ajai Puri have been travelling extensively to meet Airtel circle heads and field teams across states asking them to prepare competitive tariff plans for luring Idea and Vodafone customers and focus on achieving RMS. It also offers 2GB of data per day with unlimited calls and 100 SMS with a validity of 28 days.
A company insider said there would be "no compromise on the RMS (revenue market share) front", adding that Airtel would continue to dish out "very competitive offers to fight Jio in the battle for revenue share amid ongoing sector consolidation", indicating that the market leader won't shy away from sacrificing profitability in the short term to gain RMS. This new plan is listed in the Idea portal but as it is more expensive, we can expect it to be canceled soon on the wider rollout of the Rs. 249 plan. The total data with the Airtel Rs 249 plan is 56GB for the validity of 28 days.
- Bodies of missing Indian family found in Northern California river
- Trims Holdings in Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp (CTSH)
- Amy Schumer in talks to play boxing legend Christy Martin
- Xiaomi Mi 6X to come in five colour variants
- Facebook to apologise to TDs and Senators for 'violation of trust'
- Asian Stocks Waver After China Data, Earnings, in Focus
- Volume Buzzers Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited's (TEVA)
- Wittiest Stocks: Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ:FB), DiamondRock Hospitality Company (NYSE:DRH)
- Diageo invests £150m in Scotch whisky tourism
- " "Barclays Reiterates "$220.00" Price Target for Alibaba Group (BABA)