A statement on the club's website revealed when and where Vidal underwent his operation as they confirmed his absence for the rest of this term.
Arturo Vidal is out for the rest of the season, Bayern Munich announced on Tuesday a day after confirming the Chile midfielder will miss next week's crunch Champions League semi-final clash at home to holders Real Madrid. I've just spoken to (team) doctor (Hans-Wilhelm) Muller-Wohlfahrt on the phone. He's had an MRI scan.
Vidal returned for the first leg of Bayern's Champions League quarter-final triumph against Sevilla but was substituted after 36 minutes and aggravated his knee problem during training at the weekend.
Juup Heycknes said, "He slipped and fell", "Arturo has a loose body in the knee, which hinders stretching. He needs keyhole surgery on his knee", Heynckes said during a press conference on Monday. "Arturo will definitely be out of action for a while".
Bayern, who have already won the Bundesliga, and begin their Champions League semifinal tie against Real Madrid next week.
Vidal, who is reportedly a target for Chelsea in the summer transfer window, will use the close season to get back to full fitness after his national side failed to qualify for the World Cup in Russian Federation.
- Phillips 66 (PSX) Reached 12-Month High at $107.02 on April , 17
- Mourinho poised to axe Man United stars
- 3 cups of tea, coffee per day good for heart
- Facebook's facial recognition tool faces class action suit over mishandling biometric data
- Massapequa Man Arrested for Binghamton University Murder
- Duterte OKs major changes in NFA
- Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) Reached Record High at $94.51
- James Comey: 'Even in Private' Trump Won't Criticize Putin
- NYC Is Removing Statue of a Doctor Who Experimented on Enslaved Women
- Baboons use barrel to escape from Texas research facility