"Searchers subsequently recovered the bodies of Sandeep Thottapilly and Saachi Thottapilly from inside the vehicle", the Sheriff Office said adding that the autopsies are expected to be performed this week as part of the coroner's investigation into the incident.
"At approximately 4 pm on April 16 water searchers located the body of a juvenile male submerged in the Eel River approximately 6 miles north of the reported crash site", the statement said.
The bodies of all four members of the missing Thottapilly family from South California have been found by search and rescue teams.
On Sunday, searchers discovered a vehicle in the river about a half-mile downstream of the reported crash site, near Leggett, the sheriff's office said.
In a tragic turn of events, the bodies of three members of a Southern California Indian American family - whose maroon Honda Pilot had plunged into the Eel River near Leggett, California as they returned home from a spring break vacation in OR - were found and identified April 15 by a multi-agency search and rescue team.
The discovery came three days after a body was found in the Eel River - a woman identified Saturday as Soumya Thottapilly, 38, wife and mother. They had been traveling south from OR along Highway 101 when the incident occurred, officials said.
The bodies of Sandeep Thottapilly and Saachi Thottapilly were recovered from inside the vehicle on Sunday.
Dozens of searchers had been combing the river with Jet Skis, boats and kayaks, along with dive teams.
The body was found a day after the vehicle with Siddhant's father and younger sister inside were pulled from the river sediment. Visibility was extremely poor and divers noted the vehicle was encased ina large amount of sediment from the river current, a media release said.
Five bodies were found March 26 near Mendocino, a few days after Washington state authorities began investigating the Harts for possible child neglect.
- Tupperware Brands Corporation (TUP) Analysts See $1.05 EPS
- Facebook to apologise to TDs and Senators for 'violation of trust'
- Facebook class action looms over facial recognition software
- Australian nun arrested in Philippines over political activities
- California Rejects Federal Plan For National Guard Duties At The Border
- Kentucky Native Competes In 'The Voice' Playoffs
- Weekly Valley National Bancorp (NYSE:VLY) Ratings as of April 15, 2018
- Visual Arts - April 12
- Trims Holdings in Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp (CTSH)
- Devils rally to win Game 3 over Lightning