On Saturday, April 28, from 10 a.m.to 2 p.m. the Rochester Police Department, in cooperation with Bridging the Gaps Prevention Coalition and the Drug Enforcement Administration, will give the public its 15th opportunity in seven years to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially risky expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs. "This initiative addresses a vital public safety and public health issue".
The event takes place on Saturday, April 18, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Medicines that sit in home cabinets are highly susceptible to diversion, misuse, and abuse.
Properly and safely disposing of excess medication helps to decrease the potential for thievery, accidental poisoning or overdose, as well as misuse and abuse of prescription drugs.
The 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that 6.4 million Americans abused controlled prescription drugs.
For the fifteenth occasion in eight years, local law enforcement agencies across the country are holding Prescription Drug Take-Back events in partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
In October of 2017, Oregonians turned in a total of 10,210 pounds of prescription drugs at 56 collection sites, operated by 49 local law enforcement agencies.
Area residents can take their unused drugs to three locations around the city for safe disposal on April 28, according to a news release from Tulsa city officials. The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked.
Pills and patches will only be accepted, needles or liquids will not.
"Disposing of medications you no longer need by handing them over to the proper authorities also protects the environment by keeping prescription drugs out of our water supply".
- Saudi King: East Jerusalem is Capital of Palestine
- Wildfire threat off at Oklahoma town
- Guillem Balague: Why Arsenal have no chance vs Atletico Madrid
- As Morgan Stanley (MS) Shares Rose, Jag Capital Management LLC Increased Stake
- Canada pulls families of diplomats in Cuba amid unusual illnesses
- USA and United Kingdom warn that Russian Federation has been hacking routers worldwide
- Cardano One Day Trading Volume Tops $614.35 Million (ADA)
- Bearish H&S Chart Pattern Is Formed By Facebook, Inc. (FB) at $164.52
- Attacks on Syria: Theresa May defends launching missile strikes
- GE3 An asteroid flow Close to Earth today