Official Nintendo Magazine seems to have confirmed that the Nintendo Switch Pokemon title will feature the eight generation of Pokemon. Fans will be able to jump back into the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog and Thunder Force IV for the Genesis/Mega Drive, Phantasy Star and Alex Kidd in Miracle World for the Master System, and the arcade version of Gain Ground. Me neither, but that doesn't stop me from getting excited about FIVE classic Sega Master System titles coming to the Switch very soon, with more to follow. Considering that Sega already has a numerous amount of games ported to the Switch, such as Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces, it makes sense that Sega would invest the newest Sega Ages series for the Switch. Developed by M2, the Japanese developer known for high-quality ports of classic games such as the popular Sega 3D Classics series on the Nintendo 3DS, Sega Ages aims to bring prominent titles from Sega's legacy catalog to fans around the world.
There's no word on the game's exact release date, but Sega has stated that Europe, Japan, and North America will receive the first wave of classic Sega titles for Switch sometime this summer. Additionally, M2 has worked on a similar Sega Ages project for the Playstation 2. We don't have the full list yet, but isn't this something that Nintendo should have done like, a year ago? Not all of the games that are involved in the collection has been announced yet, however favorites like Sonic the Hedgehog, Phantasy Star and Alex Kidd are said to be part of it. At present, you can buy a host of classic Sega games on Steam for $4.99. Are you excited for the newest Sega Ages series?
- What's Ahead for AT&T Inc (NYSE:T) After Less Shorted Shares?
- Twitter reacts to Bryce Harper's broken bat home run
- Can Viacom, Inc. (NasdaqGS:VIAB) Return What Investors Are Looking For?
- Linesman Barton leaves Jackets-Capitals game with injury
- Karl Lagerfeld Slams Models Who Complain About Groping in Controversial New Interview
- Elkfork Partners LLC Invests $8.21 Million in Corning Inc. (GLW) Stock
- AMC Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:AMCX) Weekly Ratings on April 15, 2018
- Kessler Investment Group LLC Increases Stake in Microsoft Co. (MSFT)
- US Bancorp (USB) recently sold by insider Gifford Craig E
- Man City win Premier League title