Failor said she still wanted Clinton to win, even as she felt the former secretary of state attacked the agency her husband helmed.
The president in his first Twitter post since the airing of Comeys first public interview about his months serving in the Trump administration did not specify which crimes he believed Comey and others committed.
Comey's book, 'A Higher Loyalty, ' is already number one on the Amazon bestsellers list ahead of its release on Tuesday.
In his book, according to leaked excerpts, Comey wrote he might have subconsciously viewed her as the next president. "President Obama is a very smart man who understands the law very well", wrote Comey. "To this day, I don't know why he spoke about the case publicly and seemed to absolve her before a final determination was made".
Comey answered "possibly" when asked in an ABC News interview whether the president was attempting to obstruct justice when he asked Comey to end an FBI investigation into former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn.
"I knew that they were potentially on a collision course", she said.
Clinton criticized the Federal Bureau of Investigation for taking a fresh look at her email usage after classified missives to top aide Huma Abedin were found on her husband Anthony Weiner's computer.
She says she rose above politics throughout the email investigation, and never discussed it with anyone from the Clinton campaign or the Democratic National Committee.
In a statement to The Associated Press, Lynch responds to criticism from Comey in his forthcoming book that, early in the email inquiry, she had instructed him to refer to it as a "matter" rather than an "investigation". If he had any concerns regarding the email investigation, classified or not, he had ample opportunities to raise them with me both privately and in meetings. "President Trump was not an ethical person".
In his Monday morning tweet, Trump accused Comey and McCabe of committing "many crimes".
In his five-hour interview with ABCs chief anchor, George Stephanopoulos, on the program 20/20, Comey said the president "treats women like theyre pieces of meat", and "lies constantly about matters big and small". But he denied making decisions about the email probe based on that expectation.
- Riley Nash expected to return to Bruins lineup for Game 3
- Apple Seeds iOS 11.4 Beta 2 to Registered Developers
- Charleston Police Department to host National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- On May, 4 Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.B) Analysts See $1.98 EPS
- Police investigating fatal stabbing in London
- Canada pulls families of diplomats in Cuba amid unusual illnesses
- Mplx Lp (MPLX) Rating Grow to Overweight at Citigroup Inc
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS) Stock Ended in red Zone
- Bargain or Bait? Stock Update on Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX)
- Investor's Guide on Visa Inc. (V) and General Motors Company (GM)