Longford country music fans are in mourning this morning following the death of singing sensation Big Tom McBride in hospital earlier today.
Daniel O'Donnell said that big Tom was the pillar of country music, and with the recent passing of his wife Rose Daniel felt that he was probably heartbroken.
His children announced the sad news on his Facebook page this morning.
The 81-year-old's career spanned over 50 years on the Irish country music scene.
The showband leader, best-known as frontman of Big Tom and the Mainliners, died in the early hours of this morning.
"He will be sadly missed by all who knew him".
'May he rest in peace'. He was given a lifetime achievement awards at the Irish Country Music Awards in 2016.
In a statement the McBride family said they were deeply saddened by the death of their father.
It is thought that Ryan Tubridy will pay special tribute to the first person ever to be inducted into Ireland's Country Music Hall Of Fame on The Late Late Show this weekend.
- U.S. women, some unknown, dominate the field at cold, wet Boston Marathon
- Chicago White Sox vs. Oakland Athletics, 4-16
- Signet Jewelers Ltd (SIG) MACD Reading at Sell With $38.21 Support
- Xiaomi Mi 6X to come in five colour variants
- Anastasiades to meet May on the sidelines of CHOGM, in London
- Kathmandu Blast: Minor Explosion Near Indian Embassy in Nepal's Biratnagar
- UP Board Class X, Class XII results to be declared on April 29; click here for details
- Spurs' Kawhi Leonard Expected to Miss Rest of Playoffs
- Dallas woman claims R. Kelly gave her an STD
- October First Weekend Box Office Collection: Varun Dhawan Banita Sandhu Shoojit Sarcar