The party's chief ministerial face B.S. Yeddyurappa, who broke away from the BJP in 2012 and formed the KJP ahead of the 2013 elections, rejoined the party in January 2014 and was elected to the Lok Sabha from Shivamogga in Malnad area.
The party is yet to name candidates for Shantinagar segment in Bengaluru Central, Kittar, Nagthan, Sindgi, Raichur and Melukote. Some leaders also threatened to resign from the party, The Times of India reported.
However, after the tweet row over alleged influence of money in giving Congress party's tickets to the aspirants for the forthcoming assembly election in the state, Veerappa Moily clarified that his son Harsha Moily will not contest from Karkala for the assembly elections.
Congress' decision of not giving the ticket to former excise minister Manohar Tahsildhar, who now represents Hangal, also led to a series of protests by his supporters. State Working President Dinesh Gundu Rao will fight from Gandhinagar in Bengaluru. The Congress also accommodated some of its allies.
The Congress has accommodated kin of a few top leaders.
Former BBMP commissioner Siddaiah has been fielded from Sakaleshpur (SC) constituency, while former IAS officer Syed Zameer Pasha is the party nominee from Kolar.
"I don't bother if H M Revanna contests from Chennapattana".
The first list of the BJP featured most of the party's 44 sitting MLAs and new entrants to the party like Congress veteran Mallikayya Guttedar and former BJP MP Basavaraj Patil Yatnal, who returned to the party from the JDS.
Somashekhar is a former MLA from the region who lost the 2013 polls to the Congress's Anil Lad, a mining magnate.
Amid differences over the candidates to be chosen, the Congress had yesterday come out with a list of 218 names in one go while holding back clearance for six other segments.
Among the other prominent candidates are Ministers K.J. George, Roshan Baig, Ramalinga Reddy and Krishna Byre Gowda from the seats they represent in the 14th outgoing legislative assembly from Bengaluru.
Supreme Court advocate and CM Siddaramaiah's legal adviser Brijesh Kalappa vented his frustration over missing out on the Madikeri seat to fellow lawyer and a newcomer to the party HS Chandramouli.
- Franklin Resources Inc. Has $16.65 Million Holdings in Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES)
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Intel Corporation (INTC), Facebook, Inc. (FB)
- Short Interest in Qep Resources (QEP) Drops By 13.2%
- Police investigate second angry daughter of Korean Air chairman
- Analysts Issued Tempur Sealy International, Inc. (TPX) Target Price at $53.20
- Kathua rape: SC orders protection for victim's family, lawyers
- J. Cole Announces His New Album Will Drop on Friday
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) EPS Estimated At $0.79 as of April, 27
- Capstone Turbine (CPST) Earning Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Accern Reports
- Looking at the Big Picture for Baidu, Inc. (BIDU)