Former Oklahoma running back Roy Finch was arrested Sunday in Edmond on charges of drug possession and assaulting a police officer.
News 13s sister station in Oklahoma City, KOCO, is reporting that shortly after 6:30 a.m. Sunday, police were called to the Villas at Stonebridge, near East 33rd Street and South Boulevard, about a suspicious vehicle at the apartment complex.
Finch was arrested on complaints of assault and battery of an officer, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana. Finch allegedly swung at officers and ran through an apartment complex before officers finally wrestled Finch to the ground and handcuffed him. Officers found Finch, and a second altercation ensued, according to police.
Finch continued to be combative towards officer and eventually police used a Taser on him.
A mugshot published by the Oklahoman showed Finch with bad bruises along the right side of his face.
When officers arrived and spoke with the man in the vehicle, identified as 26-year-old Roy Finch, officers said they were able to smell marijuana. One officer suffered minor injuries.
Roy Finch at OU file
Finch is being held in the Oklahoma County jail.
Finch was already in the Lincoln County system - he appeared in court on March 12 on one count of possession of a controlled risky substance and reckless driving.
Finch came to OU from Niceville, Florida, but attended Edmond North as a sophomore in high school.
In four years in Norman from 2010-2013, Finch rushed for 1,412 yards and six touchdowns and had 58 catches for 442 yards and a pair of scores. That honor went to Dominque Whaley, who finished the 2011 season with 627 yards on the ground.
The Calgary Stampeders have issued a statement regarding Roy Finch following an alleged incident in Oklahoma over the weekend.
NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.
- Extra Space Storage Inc. (EXR) Analysts See $1.09 EPS
- Trump's personal lawyer due in NY court
- Anticipated $-0.04 EPS for Square, Inc. (SQ) on May, 2
- Sussex weather forecast for the week ahead
- Investor Catching Stocks: IAMGOLD Corp. (IAG), Lennar Corporation (LEN)
- Kidnappers kill policeman, abduct German engineer in Kano
- Elkfork Partners LLC Invests $8.21 Million in Corning Inc. (GLW) Stock
- Greens call for cannabis use legalisation
- 'Night Court' star Harry Anderson dies at 65
- Manhattan Associates, Inc. (MANH) Is Forming Head & Shoulders Chart Pattern at $41.47