Israel offered no explanation for its publication about the laboratory, which followed the earlier neutralization of a guerrilla Hamas tunnel from the Gaza Strip.
The army had been monitoring the tunnel system and chose to act when the tunnel crossed into Israeli territory, "tens of meters" from the southern Israeli community of Nahal Oz.
Conricus said Israel had been monitoring the construction of the tunnel for some time.
"The IDF will not allow Israeli civilians to be harmed or Israeli sovereignty to be breached and will continue operating with determination in the face of all forms of terrorism", Manelis said in a statement.
Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman said it was the longest and deepest Gazan tunnel discovered by Israel. "We will get our hands on all of them".
Last week, Israeli attacks were reported against journalists and medical staff.
"The [Israeli Defense Forces] doesn't seek an escalation".
"We were able to detect, and we destroyed it, using similar means that we have used in the past", military spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Jonathan Conricus told reporters.
Speaking at an annual conference of the pro-peace Jewish group J Street on Monday, Sanders said that Israel "massively overreacted" to protests at the Gaza border, adding that the presence of Hamas members at protests does not justify the shooting of unarmed demonstrators.
The marches have been organized by Gaza's militant Hamas rulers, but large turnouts on two preceding Fridays were also driven by Gaza's dire living conditions and desperation among the territory's 2 million residents who have been enduring a crippling border closure by Israel and Egypt since 2007.
A senior Hamas official Mahmoud Zahar, quoted by the Times of Israel, said: "Fatah does not want any agreement and is trying to hold Hamas responsible for the failure of the reconciliation agreement".
At least 35 Palestinians have been martyred and more than 3,000 wounded by Israeli army gunfire since the most recent round of demonstrations began on March 30.
The laboratory has accomplished proven achievements in locating and thwarting five terrorist tunnels in recent months by combining the capabilities of the engineering, intelligence and the technological front, noted the IDF. Israel and Hamas have fought three wars since 2008.
- There's fat chance the US, France and UK actually want Assad gone
- Big Volume Stocks HP Inc.'s (HPQ)
- Choi Eun-hee: South Korean actress kidnapped by Kim Jong Il dies
- Heavy rain storm causes flooding in NY subways
- Attempts to Regain Footing? The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. (IPG)
- What's Ahead for Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC) After Less Shorted Shares?
- On April, 25 The EPS for Scorpio Tankers Inc. (STNG) Expected At $
- On May, 2 Bruker Corporation (BRKR) EPS Estimated At $0.24
- Will Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) beat analyts view?
- QS Investors LLC Sells 1021 Shares of Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL)