The outspoken Chanel director, who is also an in-demand photographer, claims many women are using the movement, which launched previous year as a wave of sexual harassment allegations hit the entertainment industry, to make wild accusations about people they don't get along with. "They're recruiting even!" Lagerfeld said.
In a candid interview with Numero magazine, the bristly designer, bluntly said that he is "fed up" with the #MeToo movement. "Not to mention the fact there are no prosecution witnesses", Lagerfeld told Numéro.
Lagerfeld insisted that the social movements born of the Weinstein scandal have done little to alter his approach to the fashion industry, before defending a peer against allegations of misconduct. "It's simply too much, from now on, as a designer, you can't do anything", the German creative director explained, before bringing up the sexual misconduct accusations against Interview magazine creative director Karl Templar.
At a final jab at the women who dared speak up, Lagerfeld suggested they change careers if they "don't want their trousers pulled about".
Of late, many known fashion photographers like Terry Richardson, Mario Testino and Bruce Weber were accused of sexual harassment by dozens of female assistants and models.
Karl Lagerfeld sat down for a spirited interview with fashion magazine, Numero, on Friday and though he may be upwards of 84, insane as a cut snake and in possession of the finest toupee this side of John Travolta, the designer did not disappoint.
"If you don't want your trousers pulled about, don't become a model!"
As to the identity of Harvey Vistana, then Carl admitted that he "can't stand Mr. Weinstein". Lagerfeld retorted. "Join a nunnery, there'll always be a place for you in the convent. I had a problem with him at amfAR [the amfAR Gala is organised during the Cannes Film Festival in the fight against AIDS] ..."
- Boss Key co-founder accuses Epic Games of poaching staff
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZAYO): Quant & ROIC in Focus
- Twitter reacts to Bryce Harper's broken bat home run
- President Trump Under Attack For Bombing Syria
- Can Viacom, Inc. (NasdaqGS:VIAB) Return What Investors Are Looking For?
- Attractive Moving Stock: Jetblue Airways Cp (JBLU)
- Brokerages Expect Nike (NKE) Will Post Quarterly Sales of $9.39 Billion
- Investor Catching Stocks: IAMGOLD Corp. (IAG), Lennar Corporation (LEN)
- Linesman Barton leaves Jackets-Capitals game with injury
- Duke Realty Corp (DRE): Stock's Stunning Activities