DAMN., which featured Rihanna and U2, along with kinetic production from Sounwave and Mike WiLL Made-It, among others, topped the charts and was among last year's most-streamed albums, while also tackling thorny issues both personal and political, including race, faith and the burdens of commercial success. The Republican former judge denied the accusations, but they factored heavily in the special election that the Democratic candidate Doug Jones went on to win.
"DAMN" picked up best rap album at the award show.
She added: "It shines a light on hip-hop in a completely different way". The president has called the investigation a "witch hunt".
Breaking News Reporting: Staff of The Press-Democrat, Santa Rosa, Calif.
The administrator of the prizes said "The time was right".
Weinstein was ousted from the studio he co-founded and now faces criminal investigations in NY and Los Angeles.
The movie producer's lawyers have said he denies non-consensual sexual contact with anyone.
The reports helped spark the groundswell for the #MeToo movement. The project included footage from a helicopter flight along the entire 2,000-mile border.
"For a riveting and insightful narrative and video documenting seven days of greater Cincinnati's heroin epidemic revealing how the deadly addiction has ravaged families and communities". This is no small feat for such prodigious acknowledgement which has at times been criticized for simply being a "mutual admiration society" and has since been renowned globally for acknowledging significant contributions to American arts and letters in all its categories.
Lamar's Pulitzer win marked a significant departure, as previous honorees have been drawn from the worlds of classical music and jazz.
"For a chilling image that reflected the photographer's reflexes and concentration, in capturing the moment of impact of a vehicle during a racially charged protests in Charlottesville, Va". The vehicle killed counter-demonstrator Heather Heyer.
I don't do black music, I don't do white music.
Commentary: John Archibald of the Alabama Media Group. Art critic Jerry Saltz of NY magazine won the criticism award.
Andie Dominick of The Des Moines Register won the Pulitzer for editorial writing.
Also nominated as finalists: The New York Times for a nine-part series on why people with a history of domestic violence should be restricted from having guns, and Sharon Grigsby of The Dallas Morning News for editorials on Baylor University's response to sexual assault on campus.
The award was established with funds of the American journalist Joseph Pulitzer.
- Why Dividend Hunters Love Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT)
- Wedge Capital Management L LP Stake In Eqt Corporation (EQT) Was Increased
- Dynavax Technologies (DVAX) Given a $27.00 Price Target at Cantor Fitzgerald
- Guru Analysis Of Petroleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras (PBR)
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD) Sets 1-Year High on April , 16
- On April, 25 The EPS for Scorpio Tankers Inc. (STNG) Expected At $
- Picton Mahoney Asset Management Holds Stake in Encana Corp (ECA)
- Choi Eun-hee: South Korean actress kidnapped by Kim Jong Il dies
- Big Volume Stocks Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.'s (VRX)
- Davy Russell pays emotional tribute to fellow jockey after National win