Salomon Randon went close for West Brom in the 25th minute, meeting James McClean's cross which went straight to De Gea.
After sacking Alan Pardew at the start of the month, Darren Moore has been handed the West Brom until the end of the season. One of them is bringing in new, better players, to improve the overall quality of the squad, but also its depth.
Guardiola said on Saturday that he would play golf, rather than watch the United game.
Mourinho was asked whether he took off Pogba because he had a yellow card and was at risk of getting sent off.
Key men Fernandinho and David Silva are in their thirties now but much more can be still be expected of Ilkay Gundogan and Bernardo Silva alongside Kevin de Bruyne, the league's outstanding player this season.
"We were masters in complication, everything was complicated".
"We couldn't play fast, we couldn't think fast, everything was complicated, " he said. One more trick... One more flick.
"They always had time to organise themselves".
"After last week we wanted to keep going with the same spirit".
Victory against Spurs at Wembley had given City an unassailable position to clinch the title.
He added: "They won because they were the best team, they lost only a few points".
"It's more hard (to win in England)".
However, the fans of West Brom - and certainly Manchester City - are likely to remember it for quite some time.
In the end this Premier League season will be seen as an unmemorable one with runaway winners never one that excites fans although City's dominance along with the arrival of Mo Salah to Liverpool will not be forgotten quickly.
Albion secured the win thanks to a Jay Rodriguez header from Chris Brunt's corner as the home side failed to clear their lines.
"I had a feeling when I woke up this morning", Kompany said.
Juan Mata insists Manchester United will use their galling loss to West Brom and Manchester City's subsequent title triumph to help them refocus and emerge even stronger.
To win against Manchester City was not a title for me, for me it was a good three points to try and finish second, top four at least, .
"City are only the third club to beat all other teams in a single Premier League season, after Chelsea in 2005-06 and United in 2010-11".
- Manhattan Associates, Inc. (MANH) Is Forming Head & Shoulders Chart Pattern at $41.47
- AMC Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:AMCX) Weekly Ratings on April 15, 2018
- CME Group Inc. (CME) EPS Estimated At $1.64
- US Bancorp (USB) recently sold by insider Gifford Craig E
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:ZAYO): Quant & ROIC in Focus
- Rays OF to undergo surgery on thumb
- Sussex weather forecast for the week ahead
- Kidnappers kill policeman, abduct German engineer in Kano
- Linesman Barton leaves Jackets-Capitals game with injury
- Twitter reacts to Bryce Harper's broken bat home run