The brand's new service known as Mercedes Connect will launch as a pilot in June and be available to residents of the Nashville and Philadelphia areas.
Ebelheiser said: "We have announced that we will have electrical vehicles in each and every platform in the future".
The EQ S will feature a totally different battery range compared to what err have today and the vehicle will be introduced alongside plug-in hybrid models.
Mercedes has held on to its top position in the global automotive industry against competitors like BMW and Audi with record deliveries and profits a year ago. Mercedes will be threatened to weigh its profits considering the high cost of developing battery-powered cars and new digital offerings, together with potential trade barriers in China and the USA, which represent it's the largest market. He reiterated it was too early to comment on potential risks from trade barriers, adding that recent developments in Russian Federation related to stricter planned US sanctions coincided with more encouraging signals in China about potentially easing rules for outside investors.
When asked to comment on the increase of opportunities in China, he reiterated that Mercedes will welcome additional opportunities.
He embraced the possibility of China easing caps on joint ventures ownership for foreign manufacturers. 'There was a clear space in the market for the four-door GT, ' he said of AMG's latest release, 'but we already have many excellent AMG SUV derivatives and it makes no sense to steal from them just so we can make our own vehicle'. He further added that Mercedes has good relationship with BAIC in China and it will meet China's planned quota for electric cars.
Daimler is open to exploring ways to cooperate with the company's new largest shareholder, Li Shufu, as long as the interests of the company's already existing Chinese joint-venture partner BAIC Motor Corp. are safeguarded. "We're not dogmatically closed".
Mercedes sees potential for a "significant lift in volumes" as it expands its lineup of compact cars to eight from five now, Zetsche said.
- Is There Analysts Upside For Alaska Air Group, Inc. (NYSE:ALK)?
- Retro Sega Games coming to Nintendo Switch this summer
- Eye-Catching Stock: Rite Aid Corp (RAD)
- At $158.35 Stryker Corporation (SYK) Forms Bullish Double Top
- STREET ANALYSTS VIEW ON: Gilead Sciences, Inc., (NASDAQ: GILD)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards: Here's the winners' list
- Envestnet Asset Management Inc. Increases Position in Maxim Integrated (MXIM)
- Cambridge police officers filmed allegedly beating Harvard student Selorm Ohene
- PM Modi In Sweden
- Manchester United fall to West Bromwich Albion