Today, Saber Interactive announced that they will be continuing the franchise this year with NBA Playgrounds 2.
The same cartoonish over the top NBA-tinged style is back, but, as is customary with sequels, everything is due to be bigger and better.
NBA Playgrounds 2 is expected to launch sometime in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. We made sure to include co-op leagues to climb the ranks with a friend as well, or go it alone in the solo league.
You can check out some screenshots and the game's reveal trailer below.
This sequel, which will release on all the same platforms as the original, is poised to improve on the formula established in the first game with a couple new features. On the single-player side of things, the new Season Mode will see you take your team through a season, the playoffs, and the NBA Championship. From there, the Championship should be just within reach. You'll also collect special players depending on the team you choose to play with. The game will launch with a massive roster of over 200 current and retired National Basketball Association players - including Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Kyrie Irving, LeBron James, Russell Westbrook, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Anthony Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Damian Lillard, Karl-Anthony Towns, Shaquille O'Neal, Magic Johnson, Dr. J., Allen Iverson and Larry Bird. The developers have said there are fresh player and facial animations for added effect this time too.
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Stake Decreased by CENTRAL TRUST Co
- James Comey: 'Even in Private' Trump Won't Criticize Putin
- Bayern Munich midfielder major doubt for Real Madrid clash
- Stock on Trader's Radar: Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS)
- JD Sports sprints higher as athleisure craze helps to drive record profits
- Jets' Nick Mangold announces retirement after 11 seasons
- Shehbaz assures Nisar of addressing reservations
- Kulve Taroth Is Monster Hunter
- Surgery for Manchester City star Aguero
- Rusev vs Undertaker Back on, Two More Matches Confirmed