While the trailer and songs uncovered before the release of the film managed to make the right buzzing, October kicked off with a slow but decent collection on the first day and settled a total of Rs 5.04 crore on day one.
Further ahead, it would be interesting to see if October passes today's crucial Monday test at the box-office. However, it will have to show a consistent growth over the weekday to stay in buzz over the second weekend as well and attract footfalls in the theatres.
"Trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to Twitter to share the movie's box office collections and wrote, "#October witnessed ample growth on Sat and Sun, after a slow start on Friday morning/noon.
The film has been garnering a very positive word of mouth and promises a steady growth over the weekdays. While critics reviews have most been favourable, Varun's fans, who expect a masala film ala Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya and Judwaa 2 from him, have been left unimpressed and disappointed with his intense performance. October's first-day collection is better than films like Hichki and Blackmail which ticketed on a similar note. We hear he also slashed his fee for the film to keep the budget in control.
On the other hand, film critics lauded Varun for stepping away from being a regular commercial Bollywood hero and praised his fearless attempt in exploring himself as an actor so early in his career.
- Tupperware Brands Corporation (TUP) Analysts See $1.05 EPS
- EPS for GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (GCAP) forecasted at $0.36
- Skylands Capital LLC Sold shares of Home Depot Inc. (HD)
- Australian nun arrested in Philippines over political activities
- Facebook class action looms over facial recognition software
- California Rejects Federal Plan For National Guard Duties At The Border
- Navios Maritime Midstream Partners LP (NAP) EPS Estimated At $0.19
- Jurgen Klopp made Sadio Mane transfer decision earlier in the season
- " "Barclays Reiterates "$220.00" Price Target for Alibaba Group (BABA)
- Visual Arts - April 12