The phones are now receiving OxygenOS 5.1.0, which apart from a handful of functional updates, also brings the two phones up to Android 8.1 Oreo. With the launch of the OnePlus 6 scheduled for sometime later this month, the OnePlus 5T has been slowly going out of stock.
While the OxygenOS updates are relatively minor in comparison, the key change of course comes with the primary system update to Android 8.1 Oreo. OnePlus has recently confirmed the 8.1 Oreo update rollout for the 5 and 5T will happen in a few days, while the OnePlus 3 and 3T users have to wait until mid-2018 for the update. In addition to installing Oreo 8.1, the update also brings this month's Android security patch and adds full-screen gestures to OnePlus 5T. The timing of this update is worth noting because the launch of the OnePlus 6 is imminent. Of all the changes listed by OnePlus, only one is exclusive to the OnePlus 5T. But, the timing of smartphone makers like Xiaomi and OnePlus introducing gestures for navigation to their devices can certainly be attributed to the iPhone X. However, gestures work differently for all the three smartphone makers. Personally, I prefer having the on-screen buttons. For multi-tasking, you swipe up from the bottom centre of the screen and hold your finger in the centre of the display until multitasking cards show up. OnePlus' bug report forum can be used to submit feedback and report bugs in the latest update.
Have you received Oreo 8.1 on your OnePlus 5 or 5T?
- BP plc (BP) Position Boosted by Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) EPS Estimated At $0.79 as of April, 27
- $1.32 EPS Expected for Novartis AG (NVS)
- Franklin Resources Inc. Has $16.65 Million Holdings in Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES)
- IShares Currency Hedged MSCI South Korea (HEWY) Declines 0.2803% for April 16
- Lawsuit over Mad Max: Fury Road could block two more movies
- Saudi-led coalition warns of 'painful' response over Yemen drones
- Remarkable Runner -Eldorado Gold Corporation (EGO)
- Parliament to debate United Kingdom participation in Syrian airstrikes
- Police investigate second angry daughter of Korean Air chairman