Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger was dropped from their 3-2 win over Southampton today as punishment for publicly questioning manager Antonio Conte's tactics, it has been revealed. Conte insists that the decision to drop him was a tactical one, but we're not buying it.
Following the Blues' 1-1 draw with West Ham United, Rudiger questioned why his side took their foot off the gas after going a goal ahead.
Rudiger said he had not intended it to be that but added that it was the likeliest explanation for his demotion from the team.
Asked if he felt he had been left out against Southampton because of the comments, Rudiger told ZDF: 'Probably. Speaking after the London derby, Rudiger was quoted as saying: "I think in the second half we (could) finish the game (off)".
'It was a fact, it wasn't about the tactics.
"In the past I have never complained for a negative situation for my team, and I have the same behaviours also in this. This was a little break".
"I don't why the desire wasn't there but the coach is the first person to have the fault". And he's a very, very good coach'.
The Brazilian carried out a key perform all through remaining season's title profitable advertising marketing campaign, nonetheless has made merely 10 league appearances for the Conte this season.
"I was fully fit", said the German.
"Not winning it would not be worthy of Chelsea", he said. 'It's a very, very big club in England and the fans always expect you to win something.
- President Trump Under Attack For Bombing Syria
- Boss Key co-founder accuses Epic Games of poaching staff
- CME Group Inc. (CME) EPS Estimated At $1.64
- Penbrook Management LLC Invests $672000 in The Blackstone Group (BX)
- Duke Realty Corp (DRE): Stock's Stunning Activities
- Can Viacom, Inc. (NasdaqGS:VIAB) Return What Investors Are Looking For?
- Best Stocks to Invest: Seagate Technology plc (STX), EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)
- Kroger Co (KR) Stake Has Increased by Rbf Capital Llc
- Community Health Systems (CYH) Now Covered by Analysts at Mizuho
- Attractive Moving Stock: Jetblue Airways Cp (JBLU)