Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz took to his official Twitter account on Sunday to express the kingdom's pleasure to host their "brothers" at the Arab League summit in Dhahran.
Monday's exercises, which were staged at Samet Field in the eastern region of Saudi Arabia, included a simulated counteroffensive using fighter jets, attack helicopters and various military equipment, according to a Royal Court statement.
The war games also featured a potential naval attack and cyber piracy, which were encountered by marine forces, gunboats, sea landings and coastal defenses in an operation that proceeded with an infantry advance.
The closing ceremony was attended along with His Majesty the King by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Maj.
The month-long Joint Gulf Shield 1 military drill was conducted with the participation of units from the Jordan Armed Forces-Arab Army (JAF), as well as military troops from 24 countries.
It aimed to increase the preparedness of the participating nations, update machinery and joint measures of the security and military services, enhance joint military and security coordination and integration and demonstrate the combat readiness and capabilities of the participating armies.
The exercises also covered joint tactical and strategic planning and anti-terrorism operations.
Later in the day, His Majesty returned to the Kingdom after participating in the 29th Arab summit.
"I would like to announce calling the 29th Arab Summit the summit of Jerusalem to know far and wide that Palestine and its people are in the conscience of all Arabs and Muslims", the Saudi king said, interrupting the speech of President of the Palestinian Authority (PA) Mahmoud Abbas.
"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is pleased with the brothers meeting in Dhahran Summit in which the efforts and honest intentions of the unity of visions, and dealing with all challenges, are combined with force, will and coordination", King Salman tweeted.
In a ministerial meeting held on Thursday, Jubeir said that the Plaestinian issue will be a top discussion at the summit.
- Monte Carlo Masters-Donaldson's Rant
- As Morgan Stanley (MS) Shares Rose, Jag Capital Management LLC Increased Stake
- Massimiliano Allegri insists he is "happy" at Juventus
- Newcastle humble Arsenal at St James' Park
- Windows 10 Spring Update Delay Explained as Microsoft Releases New Build
- Title Changes Hands On WWE Raw
- Bargain or Bait? Stock Update on Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX)
- Riley Nash expected to return to Bruins lineup for Game 3
- Greens call for cannabis use legalisation
- Extra Space Storage Inc. (EXR) Analysts See $1.09 EPS