The current vehicle was used to transport equipment to analyze thunderstorms on Earth and research objects such as tissues and plants to artificial gravity.
SpaceX, which was awarded "Category 2" certification for the "Full Thrust" Falcon 9 by NASA in January (PDF) despite a notable boom on the way to the International Space Station (ISS) in 2015, has to hit a 30-second launch window, which opens at 22:32 UTC tonight from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral.
In the past year, SpaceX launched the world's most powerful rocket, launched history's first rapidly reusable orbital rocket, and doubled in value since 2015.
Scientists expect TESS to catalogue some 20,000 transiting exoplanet candidates (most of which will be larger than Neptune), as well as 50 Earth-sized bodies.
The following is an excerpt from Wikipedia on the TESS satellite. It is planned for launch in April 2018.
The main goal objective for TESS is to check the brightest celebrities near the Planet for transiting exoplanets over a two-year duration. With TESS, it will certainly be feasible to examine the mass, dimension, thickness as well as orbit of a big mate of little worlds, consisting of an example of rough globes in the habitable areas of their host celebrities.
Since stars that will be surveyed by TESS will be closer and brighter than those surveyed by Kepler, the planets should be easier to characterise.
Previous skies studies with ground-based telescopes have actually generally identified huge exoplanets.
Led by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with seed funding from Google, TESS was one of 11 proposals selected for NASA funding in September 2011, down from the original 42 submitted in February of that year.
- UAE ends programme to train Somalia's military
- Harley-Davidson (HOG) PT Lowered to $45.00 at Stifel Nicolaus
- Short Interest in Qep Resources (QEP) Drops By 13.2%
- Remarkable Runner -Eldorado Gold Corporation (EGO)
- Kathua rape: SC orders protection for victim's family, lawyers
- EPS for Sonoco Products Company (SON) forecasted at $0.72
- $1.32 EPS Expected for Novartis AG (NVS)
- Looking at the Big Picture for Baidu, Inc. (BIDU)
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) EPS Estimated At $0.79 as of April, 27
- Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc. Grows Position in Honeywell (HON)