"In my experience, the culture is actually very healthy and very good, and a couple of players made serious errors of judgement".
Stuart Olding's hopes of landing a new club immediately after being sacked by Ulster rugby have been dealt a blow with news coming from England.
The Ireland global and teammate Paddy Jackson had their Ulster Rugby and IRFU contracts revoked on Saturday after the union's internal review following the duo's acquittal of raping the same woman in a nine-week trial at Belfast Crown Court.
Both Jackson and Olding were unanimously acquitted of rape charges at Belfast Crown Court but had their contracts revoked by the IRFU in the aftermath, with the union saying it arrived at the decision by acknowledging its 'responsibility and commitment to the core values of the game: Respect, Inclusivity and Integrity'.
With the amount of media attention the trial received there is bound to be interest in where the two will play their rugby next.
Speaking on Today with Sean O'Rourke, Wallace says sacking the pair was probably inevitable, but that the statement was too vague from the IRFU as to how they came to their decision.
"I think there is a sense among the fans that they have been left in the dark". Just gauging the temperature of the supporters clubs, they feel they need a bit more information as to how they came to that decision. "The vast majority of the official supporters club are very disappointed".
"That is the core issue here and that is why they're moving on because they didn't meet the code of conduct that Irish players are held to".
Mr Wallace said Ulster Rugby now has an opportunity to rebuild itself as a brand and for the players to move on.
"I have my own views on that obviously, but I think someone from Ulster Rugby needs to come out and make that very clear".
- May's pledge to end scourge of plastic in our oceans
- High school sports stats and stars, April 14
- (NYSE:JPM) average core loans grew 8%
- Apache Corporation (NYSE:APA) - P/E Ratio under Consideration
- Learn about the mythology, music and voices in God of War
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) Given Neutral Rating at Deutsche Bank
- Summary of what has been trade about AstraZeneca PLC (AZN)
- Twins Reveal Makeup Dates For Snowed-Out Games
- Syria: PM to insist United Kingdom airstrikes were in 'national interest'
- Nick Saban Tried To Hire Huge Freeze, But the SEC Nixed It