Windows 10 build 17133 showed up in Release Preview a week ago, all but confirming that it's RTM. Still, it's for the best that the bug was caught early before the public release, as the company doesn't need to have massive issues when the official feature update rolls out to everyone.
Several reports last week hinted that the Windows maker is now working on a new build to potentially fix that blocking bug.
Microsoft today released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 17134 to Insiders on the Fast ring today, replacing build 17133.
The blog post says that it includes the fixes from last week's cumulative update, and a few other reliability fixes that Microsoft wanted to hammer out.
The dev team found a major bug in Build 17133 that had reliability issues and caused many systems to BSOD and made a decision to hold off on the release. Lacking a changelog, here's the complete statement released by Microsoft around today's Windows 10 Redstone 4 17134 release. A recent update to Instagram for Windows 10 to version 30.1569.12133.0 added some new features, but removed the option to install the app on handsets running the mobile version of the OS. In certain cases, these reliability issues could have led to a higher percentage of (BSOD) on PCs for example. This just reinforces that Windows Insiders are critical to helping us find and fix issues before releasing feature updates to all our customers so thank you!
However, on April 16, Microsoft released a new Redstone 4 test build, No. 17134, to Insider testers in the Fast Ring. Depending on what version and build of Windows 10 you have, the process will be different.
- Man City win Premier League title
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD) has analyst mean rating score of 2.00
- Monte Carlo Masters-Donaldson's Rant
- Former OU football star arrested after allegedly assaulting Edmond police officer
- Massimiliano Allegri insists he is "happy" at Juventus
- Title Changes Hands On WWE Raw
- Riley Nash expected to return to Bruins lineup for Game 3
- As Morgan Stanley (MS) Shares Rose, Jag Capital Management LLC Increased Stake
- Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (THG) Shares Reduced by Systematic Financial Management LP
- Anticipated $-0.04 EPS for Square, Inc. (SQ) on May, 2