Billions is now halfway through its 12-episode third season.
With Homeland wrapping up its seventh season this Sunday, Billions will move up to the 9/8c slot the following week - up an hour from its usual 10/9c spot - and serve as lead-in for the Season 2 premiere of the comedy I'm Dying Up Here.
"Billions continues to build its audience as it explores the heights of power and wealth even as it plumbs the depths of the human psyche", Gary Levine, President of Programming, Showtime Networks said in light of the renewal news. Billions will now anchor Showtime's Sunday night slate. The series ranks just behind Homeland, Showtime's top drama series, so it's easy to see why the network would want to keep it alive for as long as possible.
In addition to Giamatti, Lewis, and Siff, Billions stars Malin Ackerman (Trophy Wife), Toby Leonard Moore (John Wick), David Costabile (Lincoln), Condola Rashad (Smash), Asia Kate Dillon (Orange Is the New Black), and Jeffrey DeMunn (The Walking Dead).
In February, series showrunner Alex Gansa said season eight would likely be his previous year - but noted he wasn't sure that'd be the case for the others on the show. Both men are still determined to destroy the other, but must also battle for their own survival amid new forces and powerful enemies.
Pending some sort of huge, dramatic delay, all signs point towards Billions season 4 premiering at some point in 2019.
- The long-Term Viability Of ADT Inc. (ADT), Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS)
- Analyst Sentiment Outlines Long Term Upside for Universal Display Corporation (NASDAQ:OLED)
- Knife crime increased 22% in England and Wales in 2017
- Judge denies deposition request in Gov. Eric Greitens' criminal trial
- Sabre Corporation (SABR) EPS Estimated At $0.36 on May, 1
- South GA cities share $1.2 Million to develop blighted properties
- Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) Insider Sells $84460.00 in Stock
- PUBG's Miramar Map is now available on an Xbox One test server
- Commvault (CVLT) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at BidaskClub
- Desmond Howard explains what makes Minkah Fitzpatrick draft's best defensive prospect