While he's got his work cut out for him against Cable, things are looking quite nice for Deadpool on the ticket sales front.
While those are just industry estimates, they are still immensely positive. It now holds the record for an opening weekend for an R-rated film and is narrowly below The Passion of the Christ for highest-grossing R-rated film of all-time. This would also make sense since Fandango recently reported that the film was their biggest R-rated advance ticket seller ever, even beating out Fifty Shades of Grey.
The good news keeps coming though, as it is doing quite well in the unaided awareness category.
The final Deadpool 2 trailer introduced us to the rest of Deadpool's team, including Lewis Tan's Shatterstar, Terry Crews' Bedlam, and a regular human named Peter.
Definite interest for Deadpool 2 is at a 60, above Deadpool 2's 52 score, and Suicide Squad's 57 and under Civil War's 69 and under last summer's kickoff Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (63, $146.5M opening).
David Leitch directs the follow up, which sees Deadpool form a team of mutants - the X-Force - to save a young mutant from the time-traveling soldier, Cable.
The Avengers: Infinity War star, who plays the central villain in both the third and fourth MCU blockbusters, will continue to straddle the Marvel cinematic divide as he has reportedly signed on to reprise the role of Nathan Summers in a third Deadpool film. The New Mutants is slated to hit theaters on February 22, 2019.
- BidaskClub Reduced Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (JEC) to Strong Sell
- Judge denies deposition request in Gov. Eric Greitens' criminal trial
- Trade Financial Corp. (ETFC) Received New $31.00 Target Price at Jefferies Group
- Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD) Insider Sells $84460.00 in Stock
- Unusual Volume of Shares Hi-Crush Partners LP's (HCLP)
- Billions Renewed for Fourth Season by Showtime
- The long-Term Viability Of ADT Inc. (ADT), Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS)
- Stock Jumping Abnormally High: Keane Group, Inc. (FRAC)
- Sabre Corporation (SABR) EPS Estimated At $0.36 on May, 1
- American Express (AXP) Insider Sells $296012.50 in Stock