The English teacher said his hourly pay comes out to be $6.69 an hour, which is roughly $1 less than North Carolina's minimum wage.
In a post for his blog "Notes From the Chalkboard", North Carolina teacher Justin Parmenter elaborated on the ways the state's public schools have been hurting for lack of adequate funding. In Oklahoma, the teachers union secured raises and increases to school funding and say they'll focus on supporting pro-education candidates in upcoming elections. "I don't know that I'd advocate necessarily doing that, but in their hearts and minds for the ones that we've talked at, I think these are the people that feel this is the only way that they can get the kind of attention", he told WFMY News 2.
Perdue served as governor from 2009 to 2013.
- A Stokes County teacher is being both praised and called out for posting a photo of his paycheck on Facebook to shine light on how much educators are paid in North Carolina. "People are feeling a mix of emotions including excited, anxious and hopeful".
"This decision has been made to demonstrate support for our teachers and ensure that student safety is never compromised".
"Whether it's this issue or the gun issue, they're being pimped and prostituted", said Terry McCann, a math teacher at J.D. Clement Early College High School.
"Our goal is to overwhelm the system with absences so that the district considers closing school for the day, allowing educators to go to Raleigh", says the May16.org website created by event organizers.
McCann recently wrote an op-ed for The Herald-Sun saying he would be at work Wednesday while more than 1,000 of his colleagues have chose to take the day off. "It's kids who look like me, the black ones, the brown ones, the ones who come from a single parent". They will join about 15,000 teachers expected to attend.
Charles Hellwig, chairman of the Wake County Republican Party, on Tuesday criticized the North Carolina Association of Educators.
Hellwig invited families to spend Wednesday at Coconut Charlie's Bump N Bounce at 7409 Six Forks Road in Raleigh.
- Sargent completes 1st round at NCAA Regional in Kissimmee
- Japan's economy expected to show sluggish growth in first quarter
- BCCI to introduce women's IPL in 3 years: CoA chief Vinod Rai
- Mohamed Salah more hard to stop than Messi, says Rafael Benítez
- Indonesia police shoot dead three men after attack on Riau HQ
- Stardew Valley Coming to PlayStation Vita Later this Month
- U.S. stocks close lower amid rising Treasury yield
- Writing essay service how it is.
- Manchester City have chance to dominate Premier League, says Alan Shearer
- HTC is launching a blockchain-powered phone