One person was killed and three others were injured during an explosion in southern California Tuesday afternoon, officials said.
Authorities said they're trying to figure out whether the explosion was accidental or intentional.
The fire service initially said a vehicle may have crashed into the side of the building, but authorities later said this may not have been the case. Bomb technicians are inside the medical building in Aliso Viejo, which was undergoing a renovation, to determine the cause, officials said.
"This is going to be a slow process", Bommarito said.
He told reporters that fire crews found one person dead at the scene after what he described as an "obvious explosion".
FBI spokesman Mike Gifford said the cause of the explosion is still unknown and the agency has sent resources to help with the investigation, which is being led by Orange County Sheriff's Department, local news outlet City News Service reported.
He said investigators had not found an explosive device at the scene.
"The corner of that building, the whole bottom floor is pretty much blown out", fire Capt.
Children at a daycare located across the street were not injured, Fennessey said.
Parents whose children were evacuated can reunite with them at the parking of the Target on La Paz Road, OCFA tweeted. Their skin was burned and peeled back, and they were just in shock.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the same block of Mareblu at 11:35 p.m. Monday for a "patrol check", according to sheriff's records.
- Overwatch Anniversary Celebration Brings Tons Of Content On May 22nd
- It will be a working birthday for Madhuri Dixit
- Research Analysts' Weekly Ratings Updates for HSBC (HSBA)
- World Health Organization calls for trans fats to be eliminated within five years
- Deadpool 2 review: still the flawless antidote to superhero fatigue
- Kremlin calls SBU actions toward RIA News-Ukraine outrageous
- Man City soak up fans' adulation in victory parade
- Lancashire's Jos Buttler earns recall to Test squad
- Dutch museums publish two hidden pages from Anne Frank's diary
- Keyless cars have a unsafe downside that has killed dozens of people