"We're gonna put them on this bus and send 'em home!"
State Senator Michael Williams is taking a "Deportation Bus Tour" to the state's sanctuary cities - that is, places where the police won't cooperate with immigration officials - to "expose how risky illegal aliens ruin local economies, cost American jobs, increase healthcare costs and lower education standards".
In case it needs spelling out, Williams is running for governor on a hardline anti-immigration message. "Murderers, rapists, kidnappers, child molestors, and other criminals on board", as well as "Follow me to Mexico".
His campaign published a video saying this tour would not "be one of those pansy political bus tours". "We're going to implement my 287 (g) deportation plan that's going to fill this bus with illegals and send back to where they came from", he says with a grin, before speaking about human beings who fled their countries with terms usually reserved for animals and hunting scenarios.
As Vice notes, Williams' campaign website says he's a supporter of 287 (g), a federal program that allows local and state cops to turn undocumented people over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement regardless of the nature of their arrest. He is in favor of raising law enforcement salaries and conserving the state's Confederate monuments.
In an effort to appeal to conservative voters, a Republican candidate in Georgia's gubernatorial race has unveiled what he calls the "Deportation Bus Tour".
Williams faces a hard primary on May 22 to replace term-limited Governor Nathan Deal.
"We've got the 'Deportation Bus.' That's right, you heard me".
A recent poll conducted by the University of Georgia found that 3 percent of voters say they support him.
With the Deportation Bus Tour due to stop in the sanctuary cities of Clarkston, Decatur and Athens over the coming days, it has already drawn scorn and bewilderment on Twitter. Go to deportationbus.com.
- Gwyneth Paltrow bares baby bump in throwback snap
- Thunderstorm, squalls likely in north India today
- Whole Foods sales items get even cheaper for Amazon Prime members
- Emilia Clarke insists there's no pay gap problem on Game of Thrones
- 10 basic rules for fasting during Ramadan
- Alfie Evans Funeral: Hundreds Of Mourners Line The Streets Of Liverpool
- TN 12th Result 2018 declared; Over 6750 Schools score 100% results
- Barletta wins GOP Senate nod
- JR Smith Shoves Al Horford Mid-Air, Marcus Smarts Retaliates
- World Cup Goal Hero Gotze Won't Repeat The Feat!